Over the next couple of days I will be curating my images from the ‘Africa on the Catwalk’, directed the charming Ola Shabowale, as part of Africa Utopia, a month-long festival of music, theatre, film, literature, dance, fashion, talks and debates programmed by Southbank Centre.
The show featured collections from :
- Chichia London – (Tanzania/UK) – http://www.chichialondon.com
- Bestow Elan – (Ghana/UK) – http://www.bestowelan.com
- Kezia Frederick – (UK) – http://www.keziafrederick.com
- Eki Orleans – (Nigeria/UK) – http://www.ekiorleans.com
And accessories provided by:
- Mo saïque – (Ghana/UK) official shoe sponsor – http://www.mo-saique.com
- Ugos Boutique – (Nigeria/UK) Bags – http://www.ugosboutique.com
- Mifani – (Ghana/UK) -www.mifanishoes.com
- Aiyda – (Eritrea/UK) Jewellery – http://www.aiyda.com
- Joansu – (Ghana/UK) Jewellery- http://www.joansu.com/
- Zebra Living (Nigeria) Jewellery
Throughout the Africa Utopia event, it was captivating to listen to the inspirational Hannah Pool and the relaxing sounds of Inua Ellams, have lunch with the gorgeous Daphne Tony, whilst talking natural hair and the rise of Afropean culture with MP, Diane Abbot.
Africa Utopia brought together an eclectic range of likeminded individuals who share agree on the importance of social change for Africa, whilst showcasing pioneers that have championed for a more comprehensive representation in mainstream media.
Currently I have over 1,000 images on my camera, so I will be working my way through those, as thanks to Ola I had a great seat at ‘Africa on the Catwalk’ and can’t wait to share my images.
What else is going on?
Photos and commentary coming up from the lovely evening with NaturalBelle, Akua (Owner of The Shea Butter Cottage), Crystalafro and SugarKinesis from our trip to Reading on Sunday. We talked natural hair, blogging, vlogging and everything else in between. You can read NaturalBelle’s post here
Feedback from the Keziah Connections networking launch taking place tonight and held by blogger Natalie from Beauty Pulse London, and hosting a range of speakers including one of my favourites Muslimah Beauty.
Lastly, but not least I am off to Brussels tomorrow, so in case you wonder where on earth I am instagraming from, now you know!
Enjoy the rest of the day, it’s a beautiful one in London today, 27C, oooh yes!